Unsure how to start? Not enough time to finish? Stuck in the middle?
Let me help you bring your idea "full circle."
Paula Tarnapol Whitacre, Writer and Editor
WHY I Am in Business
I began Full Circle Communications in 1996 after many years as a writer, editor, and communications director for associations, companies, and the government. Along the way, I traveled throughout the United States, Central America, Europe, and Asia; wrote for The Washington Post; and have been an active volunteer in my now-hometown of Alexandria, Virginia. All these experiences have made me a good listener and a creative thinker. And I am very organized.
I am proud to say that most of my work comes through word-of-mouth and referrals.
People hire me for writing and editing not only because of my skills and adherence to deadlines, but also because I truly take their projects to heart. I become immersed in their subject matter, whether it is HIV/AIDS prevention in Africa, biofuels development in Asia, or cancer research in the United States.
I work with clients to help them communicate with their target audiences—and also represent the needs of that audience to the organization. I excel at translating technical information to interested, but not necessarily expert, audiences.
I am a soon-to-published author of a biography, A Civil Life in an Uncivil Time: Julia's Wilbur's Struggle for Purpose. Find out about that aspect of my writing career at my author's website.
WHAT I BRING TO YOUR PROJECT
- An understanding of your priorities, political sensitivities, and budget constraints
- Knowledge of health, environmental, education, political, and business topics
- Expertise in content strategy and SEO
- Strong research and interviewing skills to supplement gaps in my knowledge base
- Copy and substantive editing expertise, including familiarity with Chicago, APA, AP, and GPO style manuals
- Unwavering respect of deadlines
Give me a call (703.212.0350) or send me an email. Let's see how we can work together.
Paula Tarnapol Whitacre